Jimmy Kimmel to Appear on 'Leno' After Mockery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgPPJZfsCMendofvid
[starttext]
Jay Leno told Kimmel how he found Kimmel dressing as him funny and handed out an invitation to appear on 'The Jay Leno Show' this week.

Just a day after Jimmy Kimmel put on gray wig and prosthetic chin to mock Jay Leno on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", he accepted an invitation to guest on "The Jay Leno Show". Kimmel will be reading out Leno's "Ten at Ten" list on Thursday, January 14.

The announcement from NBC comes on the heels of Jimmy's monologue about Jay Leno's move to 11.35 P.M. and Conan O'Brien's open letter that rejects it. Kimmel as Leno said, "Hello, hello, my name is Jay Leno and I'm taking over all the shows in late night." Leno then gave Kimmel a call on Wednesday to tell him he found the comedy bit funny and extend an offer to Kimmel to appear on his show.

Leno himself gave a comment about Kimmel's performance as him during his monologue on Wednesday night. "All the late night host are having great fun with this debacle," he said referring to his switch to the old hour. "Last night Jimmy Kimmel did his show dressed up as me. I was going to come out dressed as Jimmy Kimmel ...but I realized I do not have enough black shoe polish here at NBC to get my hair that dark."
[endtext]

Blog Archive